Monday, December 17, 2007

Firsts in Ecuador

Firsts from Ecuador (ironically they came in the last week and a half)

1. 1st time Taylor students took public buses out of Cuenca. (We went to Yungilla and Montanita)

Funny story: I had to go to the bathroom on the bus but the bathroom in the back was locked, so I kindly asked the bus dude to open it for me, but he mumbled “come this way…it will be easier” and the bus stopped just for me to pee. And the whole bus watched. Later Jordan told me that the whole bus was whispering “Why did we stop” and “oh he’s going to the bathroom”.

2. First time a Taylor student this semester went to the hospital. She’s fine, I think it was just food poisoning and she’s out.

3. First time I got stung by a jellyfish. Actually, a long tentacle from a dead jelly fish wrapped around both of my ankles.

4. First time I spent “finals week” on the beach. In South America. Surfing.

5. First time I got an allergic reaction. It still comes and goes and I don’t know what its from. Pictured is my foot with the “leprosy”

.

6. First time I showed up to church more than an hour late (other than a daylight savings time day).

7. First time my family has brought “Lucas” over, another wiener dog with the sole purpose of making babies with one of the other dogs.

8. First time I lost my cell phone. Luckilly it was only the cheap one Taylor gave me.

9. Been in a car accident. Actually within 7 days I had ironically been in THREE!!!!!! Van or bus accidents. Nobody was ever hurt. Pictured is the bus accident.

No comments: