Monday, December 17, 2007

Atheist Christian Debate/Fake Christians

Go to http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/2006/04/04/friel-barker-debate/ and you can download a Christian Atheist Debate. It’s pretty cool. Both sides have good points (only one side has truth and the other has faulty arguments) but I hope you guys listen to it, I enjoyed it.

Here are my thoughts:


The atheist said that he was a “born-again Christian” and “filled with the Holy Spirit” but then realized it was all fake.

1st of all, he obviously admitted to God existing when he said I was really “filled with the Holy Spirit”. How can you be filled with something that doesn’t exist??? Too bad the Christian guy didn't point out his mistake.


2ndly I believe he was a “false convert”, someone who thinks they are a Christian, but in the end God will say “'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!” (Matthew 7:23) because they never REPENTED and put their trust in Jesus Christ, two biblical ways to be saved. Then the Holy Spirit will come and be a seal of salvation (Ephesians 1:13).

“Asking Jesus into your heart” will never save anybody without repentance and trusting Jesus. It will just deceive people to think they are Christians. I honestly think that was me up until age 18. I liked worldly stuff a heck of a lot more than God, baseball, movies, TV, and stuff that doesn’t last. Those in and of themselves are not necessarily bad, but when they are in the place of God they are. I also was positive that I would go to heaven. So sad that Matthew 7:22-23 is true, “Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Now the Holy Spirit has made me run from sin and pursue God with a willing heart, not a heart that just read the bible to “be a good Christian”.

This is soooo important! And there is joy in it too!

No comments: